Module 1 : C7 - Managing day to day HR
DL 07: Managing day to day Human Resources
In order to manage employees, the manager needs to know how to deal with day to day issues in a pro-active and constructive way.
The three-hour online workshop is designed to provide guidance on how to deal with day to day challenges and the workshop should be attended by managers, HR managers and practitioners, shop stewards, and union representatives.
Course Outline / Modules / Sessions
Module 1: Session 1: The concept of discipline
- The right to fairness
- Disciplinary code and procedures
- Discipline – requirements
- How do I charge an employee?
- The Right to fairness – what to prove?
- Dismissal for misconduct
- Findings and appeal
- Core principles of discipline
Module 1: Session 2: Incapacity due to poor performance or illness
- When to counsel or discipline
- The value of counselling
- Recording the process When do I consider this?
- What procedure is required?
- How does it differ from discipline?
- What to do with the employee that refuses to participate in the process
- When can I dismiss?
Module 1: Session 3: How to deal with day to day challenges
- Insubordination and insolence
- Misconduct outside the workplace
- Absenteeism, abscondment and desertion
- Abuse of sick leave and leave
- Medical certificates
- Alcohol and drug abuse
- Imprisoned employees
- Resignations and termination of contract
- Derivative or team misconduct
- Social media in the workplace