|The Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 ("POPIA")
About this product
The Act requires the appointment of a responsible party, who must ensure compliance with the eight conditions of POPIA. This includes the duties as set out in regulation 4(1) to develop a Personal Information Impact Assessment (PIIA) and a compliance framework to ensure adequate measures and standards exist to comply with the conditions for lawful compliance and implementation. This product assists responsible parties on its road to compliance.
Why you should buy this product.
The success of any PIIA, compliance framework and implementation program starts off with an investigation into the way the organisation operates when it comes to processing and documenting personal information. This Toolkit will assist the Information Officer and the compliance team to plan and execute the PIIA and to implement the compliance framework.
This product is template based and should be customised for your particular business. This product does not replace proper assessment procedures, but rather assist the business on its PIIA and compliance process. Our team of experts can assist you with the PIIA, compliance framework and implementation. For assistance contact us on email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following templates form part of the Toolkit:
- Scoping document and questionnaires for scoping
- Simple time management planner template
- List of relevant legislation to consider legal compliance
- List of policies (not actual policies) and procedures for implementation
- Template = PIIA Report template
- Template - Web statements and cookie statements
- Template - Notice boards
- Template - NDA’s – employees and Board members
- Template - Consent forms – visitors, clients, suppliers and employees, criminal and credit checks
- Template - Contractual clauses and addendum for clients, suppliers, employees (third parties)
- Template - Policy Framework: (Policies and procedures), including:
General Personal Information Protection policy (inclusive of)
- Office related procedures – clean desk and shredding, paper records and filing systems, archiving and storing of records
- IT and IT Security/Cybersecurity, Internet and remote access, e-mails
- Social media and personal matters
- Information quality and management
- Special personal information and children/Medical
- Work from home and telecommute on privacy
- POPIA training and induction training
- Policy maturity and implementation
- Clean screen, password protection and desktop
- De-identification, deletion, and restriction of PI
- Media statements
- Access control and access levels
- Template - POPIA / PAIA manual
- Template - Operator agreement/clauses
- Template - Incident response plan/policy
- Templates for learners and apprenticeships
- Template - 10 check lists/Infographics for compliance
- Template - Company assets, laptops, phones (other devices) and bring your own device policy
Our comprehensive POPIA explanatory workbook and spreadsheet with explanatory notes and Power point slide templates are included in this Toolkit.