Module 1 : CCMA Processes and Rules
DL17A: CCMA Processes and Rules
This half-day workshop covers the CCMA processes and the Rules of the CCMA with relation to the mediation, conciliation and arbitration processes conducted in the CCMA.
Module 1 Session 1: The CCMA processes
- Referral of disputes - forms and how to complete it
- Dispute procedures and path in terms of the LRA
- CCMA Jurisdiction on disputes
- The conciliation process
- The arbitration process
- Pre dismissal arbitration
- Remedies in the CCMA
Module 1 Session 2 and 3: Overview of CCMA rules
- How to contact the Commission
- When are the offices of the CCMA open?
- Calculation of time periods
- Serving and filing of documents
- How to seek condonation
- When must the Commission notify parties of conciliation?
- What happens if a party fails to attend conciliation?
- How to determine whether a Commissioner may conciliate
- Extension of conciliation period
- When the parties must hold a pre-arbitration conference
- Where a conciliation or arbitration must take place
- Representation before the Commission
- Disclosure of documents
- How to bring an application
- How to apply for picketing rules or the determination of disputes related thereto
- How to have a subpoena issued and served
- Recording of proceedings
- Payment of an arbitration fee in terms of Section 140 of the Act