Module 1 : Your Disciplinary Code
- Understanding the concept of discipline and it Constitutional effect
- Independent contractors FTC’S and labour brokers
- Understanding your disciplinary code and procedures - its role and need in a business;
- Schedule 8 of the LRA
- Can you deviate from the code and when?
- What do the different charges mean
- What do you need to prove for each charge
- Investigating Misconduct, polygraph and traps
- The role of appeal and the role players
Module 2 : How to deal with day to day challenges
- Absenteeism, abscondment and desertion
- Abuse of sick leave and leave
- Alcohol and drug abuse
- Resignations and termination of contract
- Conflict between unions and union members
- Derivative or team misconduct, Imprisoned employees
- Constructive dismissal
- Social media in the workplace
Module 3 : Counselling of employees
- When to counsel or discipline
- The value of counselling
- Recording the process
Module 4 : Incapacity due to poor performance or illness
- When do I consider this?
- What procedure is required?
- How does it differ from discipline?
- What to do with the employee that refuses to participate in the process
- When can I dismiss?
Module 5 : Grievances and grievance procedures
• How to deal with grievances and grievance procedures
• How to deal with the difficult employee