The Protection of Personal Information Act, No 4 of 2013 (“POPI”) will directly affect your business. Although the Act is not yet in operation – the Legislature has hinted that the Act will come into full swing in the near future and with it, the Act brings a wave of change. POPI in itself is very technical and comprises of 12 meaty chapters entrenching a technical web of compliance. This webinar aims to simplify the Act to make it practically applicable to your business. We aim to provide you with a broad overview of what changes need to be made and suggest practical methods of compliance.
• The need for personal data protection laws in South Africa and prevailing international trends
• General Conditions for Lawful Processing of Personal Information
• Specific Human Resources conditions for Lawful Processing of Personal Information
• Enforcement, Penalties, Offences and Measures to give effect to the Protection Of Personal Information Act
• Practical Training
• Solving Senarios
• Question and Answer Session