The Protection of Personal Information Act, No 4 of 2013 (“POPIA”) will directly affect your business. The Act brings a wave of change after the grace period for full implementation expired on 1 July 2021. POPIA in itself is very technical and comprises of eight condtions for lawfull processing of personal information. POPIA entrench the fundamentals of fairness, risk and compliance.
This course aims to simplify the Act to make it practically applicable to your business and demistify the duties of the Information Officer and concepts such as the impact assessment, compliance framework and much more. We aim to provide you with a broad overview of what changes need to be made and suggest practical methods of compliance.
• The need for personal data protection laws in South Africa and prevailing international trends
• General Conditions for Lawful Processing of Personal Information
• Specific Human Resources conditions for Lawful Processing of Personal Information
• Enforcement, Penalties, Offences and Measures to give effect to the Protection Of Personal Information Act
• Practical Training
• Solving Senarios
• Question and Answer Session